Updated on May 25, 2018
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. In other words, personal data includes all information that can identify a person. For example, last name, first name, middle name, patronymic, job title, CV, e-mail address, telephone number, and other information.
Personal data also includes technical information, if it can identify an individual. For example, it can IP address, type of operating system, type of device (personal computer, mobile phone, tablet), type of browser, geographic location, the fact of filling in the web form, and Internet provider. -
If we cannot identify an individual with information in any way, we will not regard this information as personal data.
You understand that the Company is the operator of only those personal data that it has received from you, as from an individual using our Internet sites, products, accounts in social networks, services and services (Services).
The Company processes and stores personal data on servers located on the territory of Poland, EU.
The Company does not verify the reliability of the personal data provided by an individual and his or her legal capacity. You guarantee that all data are true, up-to-date and do not violate relevant legislation on personal data.2. What information we collect
We may collect:
- your full name and username or such names as you may represent to us;
- name of the company where you are employed or which you represent, your job title;
- your contact details such as email address, telephone number, mobile number and fax number;
- record of your correspondence with us, including any information that you provide to us in your messages and emails;
- information you provide to us to receive technical assistance or during customer service interactions;
- information about your computer or device, including browser type and settings, IP address and traffic data relating to your Internet connection;
- product performance data and information about how you use our products and services;
- aggregated data or other information that does not specifically identify you, such as actions taken on our website;
- information you provide to us in your CV when you upload it to our website, for example, your education background, work experience, qualifications, skills, age, date of birth, personal photo and other relevant information.
- on our websites
- by you signing up for our products or services
- through social media
- in response to marketing or promotional communications
- through participation in partner or bonus program
- in connection with an actual or potential business
- in connection with employment relationship with us.
4. How we use your information
We may use your information to:
- provide, facilitate and support our products and services;
- perform the contract we have with you;
- manage your registered user account;
- communicate with you and respond to your requests;
- deliver newsletters, product updates and technical alerts;
- evaluate, analyse and improve our products and services, for example by collecting feedback from you;
- secure our systems and applications;
- allow you to view the information on our website;
- provide you with a customised experience when you visit our website;
- consider candidates for employment for open or future vacancies in the cases when you have uploaded your CV to our website;
- enforce our legal rights and comply with law.
We keep your information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law.6. How we protect your information
We are committed to ensuring security of your information. We make every effort to hold your information secure in accordance with our internal security procedures and applicable law. Appropriate security measures are in place to protect against loss, misuse or alteration of your information. Specifically, we use the following measures to protect your personal information:
- granting access to personal data to a limited number of people;
- ensuring that those persons who have access to personal data, have read and understood the applicable laws on the processing and protection of the personal data;
- application of cryptographic protection instruments to information containing personal data;
- restricted access to information resources and data processing facilities;
- use antivirus tools for personal data security system;
- access mode to the Company’s premises;
- appointment of the person responsible for processing of personal information. You can contact this person using the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- periodic assessment of risks related to the processing of personal data;
- conducting internal investigations to detect facts related to unauthorized access to personal data:
- trainings of Company's employees related to personal data processing.
We may share your information with other companies operating under Positive Technologies brand when it is necessary to meet the purposes for which your information was collected.
We may also share your information with third party service providers who process information on our behalf, including providers of information technology, website hosting and management, data analysis, data back-up, security and storage services.
We may disclose your information to law enforcement and other government agencies, if we are obliged to do so by law.
As a result, we may transfer your information outside the country where you are located. By submitting your information to us, you consent to the transfer of your information abroad for the fulfilment of your voluntary requests.
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send us an email with the request for information and any related questions to email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know which information should be updated or deleted.
We will respond to your request to access, amend or delete your information within a reasonable period of time.10. Cookies
A cookie is a piece of text that gets entered into the memory of your browser by a website, allowing the website to store information on your machine and later retrieve it.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.11. Google Analytics
Google Analytics uses traffic log cookies to gain information about the use that is made of pages on our website. We use this information to generate reports on how our website is used to help us improve it. We do not retain any data specific to any identifiable user.Third party websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, we do not have any control over other websites and cannot be responsible for the protection of any information which you may provide them.
We encourage you to exercise caution and look at privacy statements on the websites you visit after you leave our website.12. Changes to this Policy