FRAMINGHAM, MA – August 27, 2014 – Positive Technologies, a pioneer and leading authority on industrial control systems (ICS) and SCADA security, announced today that it was mentioned as a sample vendor in seven recent Gartner Hype Cycle Reports:
• Hype Cycle for Utility Industry Operational Technologies 2014 (1)
• Hype Cycle for Smart Grid Technologies 2014 (2)
• Hype Cycle for Upstream Oil and Gas Technologies 2014 (3)
• Hype Cycle for Operational Technology 2014 (4)
• Hype Cycle for Infrastructure Protection 2014 (5)
• Hype Cycle for the Internet of Things 2014 (6)
• Hype Cycle for Process Manufacturing and PLM 2014 (7)
Gartner identified Positive Technologies as a sample vendor for Operational Technology Security, Static Application Security Testing and Vulnerability Assessment.
According to these hype cycles, “The worldwide network of billions of sensors and other intelligent and semi-intelligent devices in all industries (such as oil and gas, utilities, manufacturing, healthcare, and transportation) require secure environments to be effective.”
For several years, Positive Technologies has been actively collaborating with leading ICS (SCADA) vendors like Honeywell, Schneider Electric, Siemens and Yokogawa. Conducting regular security audits on these large-scale systems gives Positive Technologies a comprehensive understanding of how to detect and eliminate ICS (SCADA) vulnerabilities.
Consider this: In December 2013, Positive Technologies identified more than 68,000 ICS components, spanning six continents that were exposed through the Internet; including SCADA, Smart Grids, Remote Terminal Units (RTU), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), MES and ERP systems. To date, the ICS experts at Positive Research have uncovered more than 200 ICS 0-day vulnerabilities.
”We are pleased that Gartner has recognized us as a sample vendor”, commented Yury Maksimov, CEO of Positive Technologies. “We believe Gartner’s research confirms the importance of operational technology security and supports the data that our experts have gathered over the past few years. Modern industrial control systems are highly attractive targets for anyone looking to wreak widespread havoc and destruction. As operational technology security evolves, Positive will continue to play a leading role by applying our unique knowledge to help prevent these most dangerous threats.”
*Source: IDC Worldwide Security and Vulnerability Management 2013-2017 Forecast and 2012 Vendor Shares, doc #242465, August 2013. Based on year-over-year revenue growth in 2012 for vendors with revenues of $20M+
(1) Gartner, Inc. “Hype Cycle for Utility Industry Operational Technologies, 2014” by Randy Rhodes. July 24, 2014
(2) Gartner, Inc. “Hype Cycle for Smart Grid Technologies, 2014” by Zarko Sumic. July 24, 2014
(3) Gartner, Inc. “Hype Cycle for Upstream Oil and Gas Technologies, 2014” by Rich McAvey, Leif Eriksen, Morgan Eldred. July 28, 2014
(4) Gartner, Inc. “Hype Cycle for Operational Technology, 2014” by Kristian Steenstrup. July 23, 2014
(5) Gartner, Inc. “Hype Cycle for Infrastructure Protection 2014” by Greg Young. July 30, 2014
(6) Gartner, Inc. “Hype Cycle for the Internet of Things, 2014” by Hung LeHong, Alfonso Velosa. July 21, 2014
(7) Gartner, Inc. “Hype Cycle for Process Manufacturing and PLM, 2014” by Janet Suleski, Marc Halpern, Simon Jacobson. July 15, 2014
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.