PT Advanced Border Control Service: Key Benefits
- Reveal hosts you were unaware of
- Identify obsolete software versions
- Uncover evidence of unauthorized access
- Detect remote access interfaces
- Expose insecure protocols
- Diagnose errors in access control and network traffic filtering
Scan results and recommendations for mitigating risk are presented via a secure web portal and as weekly reports. The hosted service ensures rapid and hassle-free deployment, but PT ABC can also be installed at the client’s own data center (on premises) by request.
See Your Network the Way a Hacker Sees It
PT ABC scans help to pinpoint the flaws that attackers look for in your perimeter, including:
- Unmonitored hosts and services—the first step to securing hosts and services is to be aware of them.
- Outdated or vulnerable software versions—identifying critical vulnerabilities in software installed on your perimeter is essential for effective risk assessment and management.
- Remote access interfaces (SSH, Telnet, web interfaces)—these are essential tools for administrators, but when used inappropriately they can be exploited for brute-force attacks, phishing, or traffic sniffing.
- Insecure protocols—these can be used by attackers to eavesdrop on confidential information.
- Errors in access control and network traffic filtering—misconfigurations can expose internal services to outsiders or lead to disclosure of infrastructure information.
Scanning by PT ABC of newly opened ports (including non-standard ports) can also reveal evidence of malware infections and vulnerability to unauthorized network access.