A network breach by an unauthorized user is always bad news—but the silver lining is that forensic analysis can help you to minimize your exposure and prevent other breaches in the future.
Positive Technologies provides deep, expert analysis of intrusion incidents. Our experts examine your current organizational and technical environments, determine the root cause of the breach, identify who or what is responsible, and provide recommendations for improvement.
Our forensic investigations generally include:
- Gathering information about the incident from servers, workstations, transferable media, and network equipment
- Collecting data from service providers (via law enforcement requests)
- Creating an expert, reliable, and factual account of the incident on the basis of the information collected
- Forming conclusions about the cause of the incident and (when possible) the persons responsible
- Recommending preventative measures to avoid future incidents
The key deliverable from our testing is a report detailing:
- Test methodology
- Conclusions about the facts of the incident
- Analysis of the causes of the incident (with evidence)
- Recommendations for preventing future incidents